Monday, July 15, 2013

Photography Competition (World Environment Day-2012)

World Environment Day ('WED') is celebrated every year on 5 June to raise global awareness of the need to take positive environmental action. For me the most memorable was the World Environment Day-2012 and the theme was 

Green Economy: Does it include you ?

A nature photography competition was organised in our office. The moment I saw the competition announcement, I thought "Photography, hmm even thought its not my cup of tea, lets give it a try. What do I have to loose in it ?"

And my search began to get a click which I could submit. I went for a drive to Lonavla on a Rainy Day, so that I could capture the beauty of the Nature. But in vain. It was too rainy that I could possibly get any of the clear pic for the competition. 

On the way back to home, I took a new road, what did I see is a yellow Tata Nano standing at the side of the road. It was raining a little less now. I took a snap which I thought would serve my purpose. I submitted the same with a beautiful caption on Industrialization effecting our Nature. 



To my and to my friends surprise that pic won a consolation prize. This motivated me to take a route towards taking up photography as a hobby. So the gist is 

"Never Fear to try out New Venture. You never know which may lead you to Success."

No comments:

Post a Comment